Your search query
- Maintenance and development of core Android Application Framework components, customized features and essential system modules.
- Hands on software development including creation of high level system architectures.
- Work closely with the Product Managers, System Engineers and UX Designers to produce detailed technical designs.
- Embrace agile development practices.
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of software development processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years developing on an Android platform.
- Professional experience writing high quality code in Kotlin.
- Strong Android knowledge, in particular the core components of the Application Framework.
- Strong software engineering principles and a good understanding of best practice.
- Experience creating a custom AOSP image, or customization of Android core components such as a custom launcher.
- Strong Java skills will also be considered, but there is an expectation that Kotlin shall be the primary development language.
- Exposure to embedded platforms.
- Innovative, strategic and creative thinker.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Disciplined and pragmatic approach to Software Development.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Senior Embedded Engineer
If you have the following skills, we would love to hear from you:
- At least five years minimum proven experience developing and maintaining software systems.
- Effectively use a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Batch, Shell etc) to automate repetitive engineering tasks.
- Read and understand the source code of the existing product lines with the purpose of maintaining and improving documented functionality.
- Bare-metal programming experience. Knowledge and experience of writing and maintaining code in C for ARM, 8051, AVR or similar microcontroller families.
- Configure software projects using common build systems (Make, CMake etc) ideally for multiple build environments (Windows, Linux).
- Design and implement portable and testable software for a microcontroller (bare-metal and RTOS supported) on a custom PCB (Bootloaders, Applications, HAL, drivers etc).
- Develop code from datasheets and schematics prior to receiving physical hardware.
- Knowledge of electronic schematics and ability to debug design and assembly faults during prototyping.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with hardware test equipment including, but not limited to, JTAG, oscilloscopes, multi-meters and bench power supplies.
- Knowledge of SCM tools (i.e Git).
Please apply with your CV to email@example.com or click the button below. These roles would be based in Auckland.
Note: Due to the current restrictions we can only accept interest from NZ Citizens, Permanent Residents or people that have working rights in NZ.
+64 27 601 4080